Saturday, November 23, 2013

Deals for Winware Stainless Steel 80

Winware Stainless Steel 80 Quart Stock Pot with Cover




Best Item From Winware



Honest assessment - NOT COMMERCIAL GRADE
I purchased this item because of all the positive reviews. Unfortunately, the only negative reviews I read were because it was squatter than most other stock pots or was damaged in shipping. But that's not the reason I am giving it only 2 stars. This product is advertised as heavy duty and commercial grade. The stainless steel itself is pretty heavy duty and I liked that. I also liked the fact that it was more squat than the average pot because it makes fitting it sideways in my sink easy. Now here's where the heavy duty and commercial grade get lost. First, all the handles (side and lid) are spot welded on and not riveted on for permanence like the average commercial grade cookware. Spot welding is the cheapest and least reliable type of welding. Even in the instructions provided, you are told to check if the handles feel loose before using - not that there is much you can do except put it aside until you can find someone to weld the handles back on properly. The second...

Winware Stainless Steel Stock Pot 80 Quart with Cover

  • Heavy weight stainless with encapsulated bottom
  • Durable commercial grade
  • NSF Listed
  • Heavy gauge stainless steel cover
  • 80 quart stock pot




worth every buck
I got the 32 quart stock pot (8 gallons) and it is truely a commercial grade item. I don't know what gauge metal it is, but it's definitely the heaviest pot I've ever encountered. The lid is solid and fits nice and flat. There is 6 point welding on the two handles. It has an encapsulated sandwich bottom consisting of 5mm thick aluminum core for even heat distribution. Another way of putting this is the aluminum is encased in two sheets of stainless steel. Good for us who don't want aluminum in our food or beer. I am so glad I held off purchasing other pots I encountered. This is a major thumbs up product!
Great pot for brewing beer
If you're thinking about stepping up to all-grain brewing or doing 10 gallon batches, this is the pot for you. Very heavy duty. One thing to keep in mind is that this pot might be a bit wider than you're used to, so you may find that your immersion wort chiller doesn't submerge as far in a typical 5 gallon batch as you're used to. This might reduce some of your cooling efficiency, but it only took me about 5 more minutes to get down to my pitching temp.




More information on Winware Stainless Steel 80 Quart Stock Pot with Cover from Winware

No comments:

Post a Comment