Friday, November 15, 2013

Cheapest Bayou Classic 1200 120-Quart

Bayou Classic 1200 120-Quart Aluminum Stockpot with Boil Basket




Best Item From Bayou Classic



Is there ever such a thing as too large?
This is an impressively large and sturdy pot that I'm sure will last for years of occasional use. The handles seem sturdy as does the basket and its lifting handle. The lid is a bit thin and if dropped could get warped easly, but it is aluminum so easy to bend back. I only have one complaint; I would have liked the basket to be a little shorter, that way I could put something in the bottom of the pot to leave a space to use it as a steamer. As it is, if I put even a 1" spacer in the bottom, then the lid doesn't sit tight.

I don't agree with the reviewer that said it was flimsy. I think that is just the feel of aluminum compared to the normal steel pots we are all used to. Even the higher end aluminum pots that cost twice as much still have the "flimsy feel". But I will say this isn't a professional grade pot, it you plan on using it every day or every weekend you may want to invest in something better. For me, I'll use it 3-4 times a year, and I have no doubt it...

This Commercial Strength Aluminum Stockpot features a Vented Lid, Heavy Duty Riveted Handles, and a Perforated Basket. Use basket to boil seafood, clams, and vegetables. Perfect for crawfish and shrimp boils!

  • Commercial Strength Aluminum
  • Vented Lid. Heavy Duty Riveted Handles.
  • Strongest Perforated Basket available
  • Boil Large Amounts of Seafood, Crawfish, Clams, and Vegetables.
  • Perfect for Backyard Parties and Tailgating!




Excellent pot for crawfish boils!
This is an excellent pot for crawfish or other seafood boils! The aluminum is thick and sturdy, and the handles are heavy duty. I am not worried at all about it handling a full load of water and seafood! I'm trying it out in a few weeks when it gets warmer, but I can tell already that it will get the job done (I've done quite a few crawfish boils before and have seen inferior pots).

I would prefer it if the boil basket were slightly higher, but you don't really want to overfill the pot anyway, so it's a good precaution.

In terms of what it will hold, it should cook up to 60 lbs of seafood, along with corn, potatoes, and sausage, in one batch!
Gets it done
I have 2 of these that have cooked several thousand pounds of crawfish.
They easily cook up to 1 1/2 bags of crawfish with vegetables. The pots are fairly thick and strong but will get dented with gentle abuse. The strainer basket are more likely to bend as they are a lot thinner. But what the heck, these dents don't adversely effect their cookability. In fact, they give the pots character! If you get one that has a minor dent or two, don't worry about it or send it back. Just use it. It will cook as good as a perfect one. Also, getting a dented one takes away the worry of when you are going to dent it yourself. Hey - predented pots should actually cost more!

You should use a high output burner with these big boys. The Bayou Classic double jet burner (SP2) works great at getting them hot fast and keeping them hot. You need a powerfull burner for re heating your spiced water after your loads have cooled so the crawfish soak up the seasoning.

I have...




More information on Bayou Classic 1200 120-Quart Aluminum Stockpot with Boil Basket from Bayou Classic

No comments:

Post a Comment