Thursday, November 28, 2013

Deals for Calphalon Unison Nonstick 6

Calphalon Unison Nonstick 6 Qt. Sauté Pan with Cover




Best Item From Calphalon



My new favorite pan
I learned how to cook at the tender age of ten, thanks to 4-H Home Economics back in the day. From even back then, the need for quality cookware was drilled into me. I've always had the best I could afford (which, for many years, wasn't much - especially during the negative-income days of the college years) and for a long time that meant having one stainless-steel saute pan and one nonstick saute pan. I'd use the stainless when I wanted to create a lovely browned meat and then deglaze the pan with wine or broth. The nonstick pan got pulled out when I was making something more delicate, such as a fish fillet.

This year, my ten-year-old nonstick saute bit the dust. I noted the coating starting to bubble a bit, and I wasn't willing to risk using it any longer. I began my search for a replacement and was led to the Calphalon Unison line. After much research and hemming and hawing, I decided to go with the reasonably-priced 3-qt. saute - the exact size match to my old pan...

The wide flat-bottom surface is ideal for searing and low sides allow air to circulate so that foods remain crisp, yet high enough to contain juices and prevent splattering. Low sides allow air to circulate so that foods remain crisp, yet high enough to contain juices and prevent splattering.

  • The specially textured Calphalon Unison SEAR NONSTICK surface seals in flavor and is ideal for sautéed vegetables, braised beef, chops, cutlets and pan sauces.
  • Cook with little or no oils, butter or fats.
  • 100% Dishwasher safe.
  • Handles stay comfortably cool on the stovetop.
  • Free your culinary spirit, try a new recipe or improvise your own creation ? Sear Nonstick makes it easy to express your culinary creativity. The specially textured Sear Nonstick surface has the searing capability that true chefs demand from professional-




Worth the investment
I am upgrading my original Caphalon to the Unison line. It is everything that the original was and is non-stick and can go in the dishwasher. A great investment.
no hype
I got the covered 3 qt SEAR pan just before xmas. I have all clad, seasoned cast iron, grill pans etc. This one leaves them all in the dust. I made steaks with a beautiful CRUST--not just browned, and the insides were beautiful tender med. rare, juicy and lovely pan sauce. I did rub a bit of olive oil on the one side of steak to get them going. (Would have been no problem to cook further but we like med. rare). I did not put the pan in the dishwasher because I use Finish detergent with bleach and instructions say don't use bleach additive detergent. But it cleans up so effortlessly it would be a waste to dishwasher it. I have browned meatballs in it, beautiful browning, nice fond in pan not burnt like in my all-clad stainless, again it just about cleans on its own. Browned pork ribs and chicken last couple of nights--perfect! The only thing I would change is to get a larger size---which I will do very soon! Costly, but worth every penny to me.




More information on Calphalon Unison Nonstick 6 Qt. Sauté Pan with Cover from Calphalon

No comments:

Post a Comment