Friday, November 15, 2013

Cheapest Scanpan IQ 12.5-Inch Fry

Scanpan IQ 12.5-Inch Fry Pan




Best Item From Scanpan



Very Good But Spendy
This pan has been very very good. It is very well constructed and has an even heat inductance. It's heavy, but has a very comfortable handle and the non-stick surface has been the best I've ever used. This is certainly the most expensive pan I've ever owned, so I cannot comment on its performance next to other pans in it's price range, but it FAR out performs my previous fry pan (a $50 Calphalon pan from Target). In the end, my only real concern is the price. So far, I really do feel it's been worth it, but only time will tell. If the pan holds up well under extended use then it will prove to be a wonderful product worth the high price.

Luxurious Danish design, traditional, solid craftsmanship and the latest advances in technology combine to make Scanpan IQ the new cookware generation. Scanpan IQ is hand-crafted, squeeze-cast in recycled aluminum. IQ Cookware is suitable for induction and all other cook tops. The optimum thickness of the pan base prevents warping and keeps the pan base perfectly flat, especially important when used with glass top or ceramic ranges. The pan thickness and unique ceramic-titanium surface allows for browning, searing and deglazing. The patented nonstick surface is created by firing ceramic-titanium particles into the pan and a specially formulated nonstick compound is embedded in the ceramic-titanium surface. Durable surface allows use of m...

  • Squeeze -cast recycled aluminum
  • Suitable for induction and all other cook tops
  • Pfoa-free green tek ceramic-titanium nonstick finish is safe for metal utensils
  • Pan can be used with high heat for frying and is oven safe to 500-degrees
  • Dishwasher safe




Scanpan IQ 10.25-inch Fry Pan
I've owned a few Scanpan pans over the years. I also recently purchased a new ceramic glass top range and have slowly been replacing my cookware. Scanpan makes some of the best, long-lasting pans on the market. The IQ 10.25-inch fry pan is no different.

Quality and craftsmanship is something that Scanpan takes seriously. The pan is Pfoa-free and while it's safe for metal utensils, I've never used them on my non-stick skillets. I always use silicon or plastic utensils and I always hand wash them. Even though they almost always say dishwasher safe I just never like putting expensive items like this in the dishwasher. If you keep care of it, the pan will last a long time. With that said, the pan has gotten a bunch of use and has cooked all types of food. It has held up considerably well. It's not easily scratched and surface (inside and outside) maintains its finish.

I've not had any problems with food sticking in this pan or any other Scanpan that I've...
Not bad pan, but not perfect
I like this fry pan, but I have a small complaint. The instructions that come with this pan, tell you not to use non-stick spray. Well, that was a mistake. This was tried twice, both times the food stuck and left small food burns on the pan. Therefore there was a small burn taste one of the times. However the clean up was great, but it just is not the non-stick miracle they say it is.
I do like the way the pan fits the stove top. It seems to be perfect for the ceramic stove top. I do not love this stove top, but it is what I have right now, and this pan seems to balance and sit perfectly on the stove top. Which of course means even heat.




More information on Scanpan IQ 12.5-Inch Fry Pan from Scanpan

No comments:

Post a Comment