Saturday, October 12, 2013

Cheapest 13-inch Krampouz Tibos Electric

13-inch Krampouz Tibos Electric Crepe Maker




Best Product From Krampouz



throw away the accessories
After 6 months of Sunday Crepe breakfasts for the family I now regularly get excellent Crepes (almost) with this Crepe maker without resorting to the professional Krampouz. As usual you have to practice, practice, practice.

Here are a few recommendations:
Ditch the plastic crepe helper. It's similar to the foaming helpers in Espresso machines, it gets total novices over the initial contact hump but quickly stops you from making any decent progress with the product (Crepe). The tool creates a messy experience and creates uneven crepes.

Second ditch the scraper. It's very hard to get good crepes if you prefer the very liquid kind of dough (which I like). Instead get a round Birchwood scraper. They tend to be larger as well ( 8 inches or so). The round surface allows you to evenly spread the dough ( AMAZON sells them )

Third ditch the spatula. It's simply to short. If you make a real crepe, a really thin crepe the provided spatula will just pierce...

The 13 inch Tibos crepe maker has a smooth, no stick surface to spread batter evenly. It comes with complete instructions and recipes. It takes a mere four seconds to spread the batter and 30 seconds to make the crepe. The extensive recipe book provides explanations and inspiration. UL approved with 110 volts, 1300 watts and 12 amps.

  • Wooden crepe turner and scraper
  • Cleaning brush included
  • Non-stick 13 inch diameter griddle
  • Indicator light to signal heating
  • Cursor to regulate the thermostat




AMAZING - our favorite kitchen appliance!
I bought this in July 2009 for a Bastille Day party - it was a huge hit! I practiced a few days before the party and couldn't have been happier. Thought it was a little pricey, but has proven to be worth every cent. Fist crepe or two will be a mess, but just keep trying. MAJOR improvement from just using a frying pan. The flat surface allows you to make larger and thinner crepes. We do not use the pre-measured well or scoop. We do use the wooden tools that are included and that is all you need, I just pour an amount in the middle and can eyeball the correct amount. Then I quickly spread with the wooden t-shaped tool to spread the batter evenly. Watch YouTube videos of crepe making to get the process down. We do not grease our surface before cooking b/c I use a recipe from the internet that contains melted butter and nothing ever sticks. This item cooks EVENLY and I use setting 3 for my crepes - other setting cook to fast for me. I do not use the included recipe book, but...
Fantastic!
I have used this product twice and I am very impressed with the uniform cooking of this Crepe maker. The large 13" nonstick surface makes perfect crepes everytime... no more throwing out the first crepe! The plactic spreading device makes it easy to evenly spread the batter for beginners. The crepe maker is much more substantial than the picture shows, in my opinion. I found the suggested thermostat settings a little too hot causing the crepes to brown too quickly but, after lowering the temperature, I was knocking out multiple banana/Nutella crepes in a matter of minutes. The results are much more like the crepes I got in Paris than ones I've made in a crepe pan.




More information on 13-inch Krampouz Tibos Electric Crepe Maker from Krampouz

No comments:

Post a Comment