Friday, October 18, 2013

Bargain Bayou Classic 1060 62-Quart

Bayou Classic 1060 62-Quart Stainless-Steel Stockpot




Best Item From Bayou Classic



Great pot for the price
I use this pot to boil wort for beer making. It was about the most inexpensive stainless steel pot I could find of it's size. I wanted to be able to do full boils and this can boil 8 gallons without boiling over.

The steel is a bit thin, but I expected this for a pot under $100. Although the walls are thin, I have not no issues with strength or build quality. I feel completely comfortable picking the pot up with 6 gallons of boiling liquid in it. Although heavy, the handles are up to the task and remain cool.

Although there are higher quality pots out there, I don't think you can find another pot at this price at this quality level. I would recommend this pot to anyone looking for a large stock pot and a good price.

Complimenting a true outdoorsman's personality, this pot is durable, reliable, and versatile. Use to boil seafood, clams and vegetables. Cook soups, stews, gumbo, jambalaya, and low country boil. Perfect pot to boil peanuts and homebrew beer.

  • 62-quart stockpot holds large batches of crowd-pleasing soup or stew
  • 20-gauge stainless-steel construction resists rust and corrosion
  • riveted side handles for safe and easy transport
  • Steaming rim can be used with steaming basket (sold separately)
  • Measures 15-1/4 by 15-1/4 by 18-3/4 inches




Brewer's brewpot
I bought this pot to boil all-grain full boil worts in beer making. I does this job quite well. This pot holds a full 9 gallons and will boil a 7 or 8 gallon wort easily. All stainless steel with two lifting handles that can handle the weight of the full batch and a vented cover make it ideal for brewing 5 gallon batches either all-grain or from extract. And this pot can go from brewing beer to steaming lobster to large batches of soup. Would recommend this pot for all home brewing needs, especially the all-grain brewer who needs to boil the full batch.
Excellent value for my homebrew!!!!!!
I was worried about the thickness of this pot but I am not worried anymore. It is quite thick and I can pour 7 gallons of homebrew from the pot to the fermenter without any bending. The lid is nice and sturdy and I would definitely buy this again. I bought it for $75 with free shipping from Amazon. You can't beat that deal. The rivet holes for the handles leaked the first time I brewed in it but haven't leaked since then. I have used it for 5 brews and 2 corn roasts. Great pot!




More information on Bayou Classic 1060 62-Quart Stainless-Steel Stockpot from Bayou Classic

No comments:

Post a Comment