Sunday, October 27, 2013

Bargain Bayou Classic CI-7410, 10-Gal.

Bayou Classic CI-7410, 10-Gal. Cast Iron Jambalaya Pot, Tripod Stand, and 2 Lift Hooks




Best Product From Bayou Classic



Perfect cauldron substitute
So I'm not your average consumer for a jambalaya pot. I'm a practicing pagan, and very active in my local faith community in Wisconsin. Cauldrons are a frequently used symbol and tool in our practice, and I was looking for one that would be big enough to actually hold warm cider for a fall celebration. When I tried to find one to purchase, however, I discovered that large cauldrons run in the $500+ range, so was very discouraged until I started randomly searching Amazon for cast iron products and found this! When seasoned all over, this jambalaya pot looks almost exactly like what we think of as a classic cauldron. I bought it, seasoned it and used it at our festival to much applause. I would highly recommend this product to other pagans. Why shell out an extra $300 just to buy a 'cauldron' when you can just rename a 'jambalaya pot' and no one will ever know the difference?

A few notes on the logistics of owning this product.
1)It is huge. I read over the...

This item is made heavy-duty, rough and rugged. Are you an extreme outdoorsman? Do you enjoy hunting, camping, fishing, or scouting? Then take this cast iron jambalaya kit along during your next excursion into the great outdoors. (You know you'll need more than a peanut butter sandwich!) Use with any Bayou Classic single burner cooker.

  • 10-Gallon cast iron jambalaya pot
  • Enjoy hunting, camping, fishing, or scouting with cast iron jambalaya kit
  • Made of heavy duty, rough and rugged cast iron
  • Includes tripod stand with foot pads, 2 lift hooks
  • Measure 19.75-inches in width by 11.25-inches in diameter




Bayou classic
The product is well constructed if you get all the parts! I did not receive the ring that the pot goes in to place on the stand. After talking w/Mike from Bayou he told me he could not help that I needed to have Amazon contact them. So Amazon did w/ me on the line and Mike still wasn't helpful. I mentioned this product came from his company and by him not supporting that, this is poor customer service. He said I was Amazons customer not Bayou. I said you are selling your product through Amazon and you are supporting your product to me the customer.
After Timothy from Amazon spoke with Mike from Bayou he finally said he would look to see if he had 1 and would might call me back in about 30 min if he finds 1 to ship.
After spending 56min of my time on the phone Amazon wasn't sold that Mike from Bayou was going to follow through so is making it right. Too bad I spent approx $200 after shipping and still had to fight w/ manufacturer to get what I needed to be able to use the pot...
Bayou Classic 4 gal. jambalaya pot
Purchased this pot with the stand and hooks.
Pot arrived packaged very well and coated in paraffin. Melted off the pariffin and seasoned the pot using our outdoor gas grill.
The Price was right with free shipping and a $30 credit for signing up and paying with Amozon credit card.
Wish I would have bought the lid with it as I couldn't find one of size locally. I made a lid out of an aluminum pizza pan I got at a flea market. It works but I'm sure the lid that is offered would fit much better.
I am very happy with this pot for the money spent.




More information on Bayou Classic CI-7410, 10-Gal. Cast Iron Jambalaya Pot, Tripod Stand, and 2 Lift Hooks from Bayou Classic

No comments:

Post a Comment